Skip to main content

Bogle Petite Sirah 2018 (California)

 


Nice inky, dark nearly black hue with loads of aromas of dark berry, blueberry, eucalyptus, and more fruit deep in the bowl with a touch of mint.

Palate--This is a 20 megaton fruit bomb filled with ripe blackberries, rich puckery and sweet tannins, youthful structure that will mellow out with time with a lingering finish that hangs on.

It has been a while since I have had a fruit bomb as I like to call the style. They are luscious and silky in texture with rich dark berry fruit that is deep and nearly "port-ish."  You either tend to like this kind of wine or not.  Some people think they do not pair well with food but I disagree. You just need the right food to be able to stand up to the monster this wine is. I am pan searing breaded venison chops, mashed potatoes, and a nice big salad.  Good thing opening day for deer is only a few days away as this is my penultimate package from last season. 

At $13, this is a really nice wine and will be holding well for 5-8 years! Raise a glass!

Comments