Skip to main content

Scarpetta Frico (Bianco) 2015

Scarpetta Frico Bianco 2015- Buy Scarpetta Wine White Wine
Nice golden hue with aromas of tropical fruit compote, baby powder, creme brulee and a slight touch of citrus,

Palate--Steely front with good acidity, a bit austere, with mixed tropical fruit and a fairly quick finish.

Friuli is the extreme northeast part of Italy. This is a crisp and minerally wine which a lot of people will like. I am not crazy about it but that is just preference. I must have picked this up for a song (Maybe $6) just to see what it was like.  At that price, and iced down real cold, it could be a fresh Summer quaff. You're likely to find it for Around $10.

So if that's your think raise a glass. For my liking I would have rather have a nice Gewürztraminer or Mosel Riesling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've moved!

After a few year hiatus from my "real" wine blog, you can now find my reviews at the winecask.blogspot.com  I started this blog many years ago and was ranked the #8 wine blog on the world wide web.  I am a regular guy with a very limited wallet so I drink what you drink with rare exceptions. So scoot on over there, follow me if you want short, no non sense wine info.  Raise a glass!

Pure Bred (Old Vine) Zinfandel Lodi 2017

Very light hue with a unique aroma (slight) at the side rim of dill pickle juice which is intriguing. Zin aromas of wild berries, not over powering but pleasant, with a touch of rustic zinfulness.  (OK that was cheesy!) Palate--There's a watery first impression but is quickly engulfed in big Zin fruitiness which is quickly fleeting leaving a pleasant lingering gentle berry goodness with a slightly "green" end. OK, I am the Zin maestro having had more zins in my life than possibly all other varietals combined?  Well, if not, I am getting there.  Zin is my grape. And here is the get a grip factor; this sells for $6.50 from Trader Joes, nuff said. Face it, I can't drink Turley, or Rosenblum single vineyard zins everyday (or even every week) so if you're having the gang over and want a light hearted red for those who insist they don't like red wine, give them I bit of this and see what happens.  At this price, I'll raise a glass.  Thanks MB :)

M.Chevallier Carte Noire BRUT

Very pale yellow hue with nice, tiny bubbles and ample aromas of strong lemony citrus. Palate--Off dry fruity (cava) from Spain and a Trader Joes pick.  This is a nice $9 sparkler from TJ's.  Freixnet is my fave inexpensive Cava and the TJ's guy saw me hunting.  He suggested and I grabbed one.  Glad I did.  Certainly a "raise a glass"kind of wine, chilled down with seafood, grilled salmon, appetizers and just about anything really.  I'll be snagging more.