Skip to main content

Nine Points Pinot Noir 2016 (Carneros)

Image result for Nine Points Pinot Noir 2016 (Carneros)
Crystalline candy apple red hue with aromas of cherry berry fruit with baking spices.

Palate--Brilliant fruity front palate with bright red Cherry berry fruit in abundance with sweet baking spices and a great finish with a touch of bitters that lingers.

I paid $13 for this super value where it sells for around $20 which is a good buy at any rate.  I p[aired it with homemade seafood chowder and it was perfect so raise a glass!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've moved!

After a few year hiatus from my "real" wine blog, you can now find my reviews at the winecask.blogspot.com  I started this blog many years ago and was ranked the #8 wine blog on the world wide web.  I am a regular guy with a very limited wallet so I drink what you drink with rare exceptions. So scoot on over there, follow me if you want short, no non sense wine info.  Raise a glass!

Pure Bred (Old Vine) Zinfandel Lodi 2017

Very light hue with a unique aroma (slight) at the side rim of dill pickle juice which is intriguing. Zin aromas of wild berries, not over powering but pleasant, with a touch of rustic zinfulness.  (OK that was cheesy!) Palate--There's a watery first impression but is quickly engulfed in big Zin fruitiness which is quickly fleeting leaving a pleasant lingering gentle berry goodness with a slightly "green" end. OK, I am the Zin maestro having had more zins in my life than possibly all other varietals combined?  Well, if not, I am getting there.  Zin is my grape. And here is the get a grip factor; this sells for $6.50 from Trader Joes, nuff said. Face it, I can't drink Turley, or Rosenblum single vineyard zins everyday (or even every week) so if you're having the gang over and want a light hearted red for those who insist they don't like red wine, give them I bit of this and see what happens.  At this price, I'll raise a glass.  Thanks MB :)

M.Chevallier Carte Noire BRUT

Very pale yellow hue with nice, tiny bubbles and ample aromas of strong lemony citrus. Palate--Off dry fruity (cava) from Spain and a Trader Joes pick.  This is a nice $9 sparkler from TJ's.  Freixnet is my fave inexpensive Cava and the TJ's guy saw me hunting.  He suggested and I grabbed one.  Glad I did.  Certainly a "raise a glass"kind of wine, chilled down with seafood, grilled salmon, appetizers and just about anything really.  I'll be snagging more.